Privacy- and cookies
Privacy- and cookie statement
Privacy-sensitive data, or personal data, is processed via the website www.efjca.eu. The EFJCA considers careful handling of personal data of great importance. Personal data is therefore carefully processed and secured by us.
In our processing, we comply with the requirements of the privacy law. This means, among other things, that we:
- clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this via this privacy and cookie statement;
- try to limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data necessary for legitimate purposes;
- first ask you for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your permission is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also require the same from parties that process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to make your personal data available for inspection, correction or deletion at your request.
We process different data for different purposes. The EFJCA is responsible for the processing. In this privacy and cookie statement we explain which personal data we collect and use and for what purpose we do this. We recommend that you read this statement carefully.
Purposes of processing
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Sending newsletters, if you have given permission to receive them
- Processing and answering contact requests, for example via e-mail, telephone or the form, because you accept our offer to contact us
- Giving access to your account on our website
- The registration of your participation or presence at meetings and conferences, so that we can execute the agreement with you.
Use of personal data
By using our website, you leave certain information with us. That can be personal data. We only store and use the personal data that are provided directly by you or that they are provided to us for processing. We will not use the personal data for other purposes unless you have given permission for this in advance. It concerns the following data:
- E-mail address;
- Phone number;
The data you provide to us will not be kept for longer than is necessary to provide you with the service you have requested.
We do not store your personal data for longer than is necessary, considering the purposes of the processing and any legal retention periods. For most data, this means that we delete it after 3 months. With your permission, we keep data for longer, namely 1 year. If you have given us permission for the processing of data or registered for something, we usually process the data until you withdraw your consent or delete the data yourself.
Provision to third parties
We will not provide the information you provide to us to other parties if you have not given permission for this, unless this is necessary in the context of the execution of the agreement that you conclude with us or when this is required by law.
Cookies are used on our website. A cookie is a simple file that is sent along with pages from this website and is stored or read by your browser on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are also used by third parties engaged by us. When you visit our website for the first time, a pop-up is shown asking if you want to accept the cookies.
If you give us permission via the cookie settings, we use the following parties:
We may use the above cookies for the following purposes:
- generating general statistics and obtaining insight into how our website is used by the public;
- optimizing our services.
We have no control over what the above parties do with the cookies themselves. For more information about these parties and how they deal with cookies, we refer to the privacy statement of these parties (note: these can change regularly).
We take security measures to limit misuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. In particular we take the following measures:
- logical access control, using passwords;
- automatic logging of all actions concerning personal data;
- security of network connections via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology;
- purpose-based access restrictions;
- control of assigned authorities.
Third Party Websites
This statement does not apply to third-party websites that are linked to our website. We are not responsible for the way in which those third parties handle your data. We recommend that you read the privacy statement of these websites before using these websites.
Changes to this privacy and cookie statement
We reserve the right to make changes to this statement. It is recommended that you consult this statement regularly so that you are aware of these changes.
You have the following rights:
- Get an explanation about what personal data we have and what we do with it
- Access to the personal data we have
- Getting errors corrected
- The removal of outdated personal data
- Withdrawal of consent
- Object to a particular use
- Restriction of the processing of personal data
- Data portability
- You can submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority against our processing of your personal data.
You can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure that you always clearly indicate who you are, so that we can be sure that we do not change or delete data from the wrong person. To prevent abuse, we may ask you to identify yourself adequately.
If you have any questions about your privacy or our privacy and cookie statement, you can ask us by emailing to: email@example.com, or by contacting us by telephone on: 0031-621292799.